August 04, 2011

Reminisces of a Serengeti

As i sat by her casket and stared at her lifeless body, fresh tears poured down my cheeks. the knife of pain that stab my soul drove in even deeper. overwelhmed by grief and completely empty, i played with the edges of the casket as my mind wandered..


From the first day we met, I knew it was love. The first time I watched her get into her car, and the first time she wrote a poem about the way I walked. it was the first time she slid her hand between my thighs and I screamed inside, frozen with a mixture of fear and weightlessness.


Before her, I had never known love. I never knew how it was to feel something so deep for another being. I never knew I could derive so much joy just by making someone else smile. She was my dream, my world. The air that I breathed, my everything.


Her deep blue eyes and succulent lips did things to my insides. Each time I saw her, I fell all over again. To me, she was perfect. From her heavenly figure to her voluptuous assets...her undeniable air of elegance, and her heart stopping smile.


Each morning i would wake up feeling fulfilled, knowing i had something bright to look up to. we spent all our time together. we went places, the ice cream shop, the beach.. everywhere that portrayed love and joy. With her, I was a happy man.


She came to me one morning complaining about a severe headache, I told her it was sure to be a migraine and advised her to sleep it off. At dinner time, I called out for her to come down. For some reason, my voice seemed to echo, drifting back to my ears with dread and sorrow lingering on its lips.. its abyss foretelling the horror I was about to witness--- with the last thread of energy left in my spine, i bolted towards the stairs heading to her bedroom... i was too late. i stared at her angelic body softly settled on the bed as white as ever, my mouth hung agape for minutes.....


she was gone, she no longer existed. we could no longer share meals, laughter or even kisses. i went numb for days.There was no level of medication that could relieve me of my incompetent state of delirium. i stumbled around my life in a daze, unable to escape my thoughts or to sleep or function; I broke the doors off my closets and punched holes in the cheap plaster walls.


I frightened my parents. I made my friends angry. I disappointed everyone. But i didn't even care cuz there was just nothing left.


I had given this girl my life, my soul, my love. I was alone in a crowded room, afraid and numb and groping in the dark for the switch that could give me back myself.


I sliced up my skin to feel something, anything; I set fire to my possessions and pressed my wrists against the metal of the oven at 400°, yet nothing seemed to change.


in the days that's passed since her unbelievable death, Never for a moment did my love for her depreciate, I refused to let her be put into the ground. Cuz somehow I felt it would make reality dawn on me. In her glass coffin she lay, I stared at lifeless body, stiff but still as beautiful as ever. I'd tell her stories, wishing she could hear me. Each morning I'd set breakfast by her casket, and recite poems of love. I'd play with her hair and her stone cold skin. I'd laugh and the jokes I told, then my expression would turn grim cuz her. Face remained....cold.


Until one day her skin went green, and her heavenly body started to give way to an unbearable rot.. .


Then the painful reality dawned on me .... She was never coming back.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmigod,WOW. That's not the write word I guess but really WOW WOW WOW!
    You have this really AMAZING way of writing. Don't ever stop!!!
    Wow .. M still wonder struck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! *Blushing* Glad you enjoyed it :*

    ReplyDelete